Australia Employer Nominated Scheme (subclass 186)
ENS (Employer Nomination Scheme) is a PR Visa for skilled workers. It is sponsored by an Australian Employer, allowing them to recruit permanent, highly-skilled staff from overseas or from people temporarily in Australia when the employers have been unable to fill a vacancy from within the Australian Labour Market or through their own training programs. This scheme will allow you to work in Australia under the following three streams:
- The Temporary Residence Transition Stream
- The Labour Agreement Stream
- The Direct Entry Stream
Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) Stream
You will be able to apply for this stream if your employer wishes to sponsor you for PR. You are eligible under this stream if you hold one of the following visas:
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Subclass 482)
- Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (Subclass 457)
- Related Associated Bridging Visa
Labour Agreement Stream
You will be able to apply for this stream if your employer wishes to sponsor you for PR and has entered into a labour agreement with the Department providing PR pathway.
Direct Entry Stream
If you don’t meet any requirements under Temporary Residence Transition stream, then you will be able to apply for this stream if your employer wishes to sponsor you for PR.
- Be under 45 years of age at the time of invitation.
- Be nominated by an Australian Employer. You must lodge your application within the 6 months once your nomination gets approved.
- Meet English language requirements, skills and qualifications.
- Meet all other requirements of the stream you are applying for.
- Meet health and character requirements.
Features of the ENS
- You and any dependent family members included in the visa application will live as permanent residents in Australia.
- As permanent residents, you will be able to study in Australia at school or university
- You will have access to healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS).
- You will have access to certain social security payments subjecting to waiting periods.
- You will be eligible for Australian citizenship. You can stay for an indefinite time in Australia.
- You be will be able to sponsor your family for Permanent Residence.
You can include the following family members at the time of lodge of your visa application:
- Your partner
- Your or your partner’s child/step-child
Your family members must meet all health and character requirements.
You and your family members must agree with the laws of Australia and all visa conditions.