Skilled Migration Points test Requirements under Skill Select
The three points-tested skilled migration visa subclasses (189, 190 and 489) will continue to require intending migrants pass a points test to be invited to apply for a visa. Under Skill Select, the ability to meet the points test mark will not guarantee an invitation to apply. Invitations will be issued periodically to the highest ranking expressions of interest subject to occupation ceilings.
Under The Australian General Skilled Migration program You must score at least 60 points as per criteria given below. To check your eligibility for an Australian visa under the General Skilled Migration program, send your details on and schedule an appointment with our Immigration Consultants for a free counselling. Essential parameters are as below.
- 1. Age - you must be 50 years of age or under when you apply.
- 2. English language you should have sufficient ability in the English language to work in Australia (at least at competent level).
- 3. Qualifications you must have post-secondary qualifications and your skills must be assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation.
- 4. Nominated occupation - when you apply you nominate a skilled occupation, which fits your skills and qualifications. Your nominated occupation must be found on the Skilled Occupations List.
- 5. Recent work experience - you must have been working for 12 out of the last 24 months in your nominated occupation.
- 6. Australian qualification exemption you do not need to meet the work experience requirement if you have completed an Australian Qualification less than 6 months before lodging your visa application.
- 7. Skills assessment before you apply, you must have your Skills Assessed by the Australian assessing authority designated to assess your nominated occupation.