Student Visas allow the international students in Australia to travel to or from Australia, and stay or live in Australia while their course of education. Student Visa is a good option and way to improve your employability and skills.
There are many options for part-time work too while studying. Let's look at the visa requirements.
- You must enrol in a primary or high school program or in a CRICOS-registered course.
- You have to show that you are genuine who will complete education in Australia, comply with the student visa conditions, and return home after completion of studies.
- You need to meet the risk ratings depending on your education provider and your passport country. Below are the requirements:
- Regular Evidentiary Requirements: You need to provide evidence for your English language ability and finances. Evidence includes results of English Language Test whose minimum scores would be as below:
You might not have to show evidence for English Language Testing if you hold a passport from UK, USA, Ireland, Canada, or NZ, or you have enrolled in certain types of courses, or have studied in English medium in Australia previously.
- IELTS: 5.5 Average
- TOEFL (Paper): 527
- TOEFL iBT: 46
- CAE (Cambridge): 162
- OET (Occupational English Test): B Pass
- PTE (Pearson): 42
- Streamlined Evidentiary Requirements: Evidence of English language ability or finances are not required generally.
- You have to provide sufficient fund evidence to study in Australia. The evidence could be either of the below:
- Taxable income of your spouse or parents for last 1 year; or
- Funds to cover your education for the 1st 1 year of your stay in Australia.
You can be either in Australia or outside of Australia at the time of application of Student Visa.
When lodging from Australia, you should hold a substantive visa that's not subjected to a 'no further stay' condition.
You can lodge the visa application online. Generally, it's online but paper applications might be possible in some situations.
- The validity of Student Visa is for the duration of your studies plus 2 months or more.
- The students undertaking PhD get an additional 6 months as the validity period of their visa.
- You have the right to work in Australia while studying but the validity of your work hours would be around 40 hours a fortnight.
- You are not allowed to swap to a lower course of study while in Australia but can swipe to the higher level course of study if you want.
- You must provide adequate health insurance arrangements to obtain a student visa.
If you need any help in applying for student visa applications, then book a consultation with one of our experts now or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and make a success rate close to 100%.