The Visa subclass 457 has been replaced by the Temporary Skilled Shortage (TSS) Visa Subclass 482 after it was abolished on 18th March 2018.
Employers can apply for approval as a Standard Business Sponsor (SBS) that will last for 5 years or else the businesses with the approval of SBS in effect might continue to use this for the TSS Visa.
The criteria for this visa consist of Sponsorship, TSS nomination, and TSS Visa Application.
1. Sponsorship: If you want to apply for the approval as a business sponsor, then you would require the below details:
- You must show that your business is operating and lawful.
- The financial ability of your business to meet the sponsorship obligation.
- You must show that your business has met all the training obligations continuously (the businesses who have previously been approved as a business sponsor).
2. TSS Nomination: After sponsorship, you must nominate one among the below three TSS application Streams.
- The occupation nominated must be from the Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL).
- You must show that you are a genuine Temporary Entrant.
- Visa will be valid till 1 or 2 years unless an International Trade Obligation applies.
- You can renew your visa for once while onshore.
- You will be provided with limited pathways for employer-sponsored PR.
- The occupation nominated must be from the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
- You need an English Language Requirement.
- The visa will be valid for 1, 2, 3 or 4 years.
- You can renew your visa without limitation and you might be eligible for employer-sponsored PR options.
Labour Agreement Stream
Labour Agreement Stream option is for the employers who have negotiated a labour agreement with the government of Australia.
3. TSS Visa Application: After TSS Nomination, you can apply for the visa to work in Australia. This requires the below evidence:
- A minimum of 2 years full-time and relevant work experience. The waiver would be available in the Labour Agreements; and
- Must meet the requirements of ANZSCO for the nominated occupation.
- You must meet the English Language Requirement relevant to the streams in which your application is made:
- Short-term Stream: Average 5 in IELTS with no scores below 4.5 in any the 4 bands.
- Medium-term Stream: minimum 5 in each band of IELTS. Average 5 is not sufficient.
- You can be out of this English Testing if you are:
- Passport holder of UK, Canada, New Zealand, USA, and Ireland.
- Studied for 5 years in English Medium.
- Intra-company transferred with the basic salary of at least $96,400.
- Consular/Diplomatic appointments.
- Labour Agreement Stream: Applicants must show that they have the skills of the English language to perform well in the occupation applying for, without any reference to the formal English testing.
- You should not be under any medical conditions like public health concern that could result in any significant cost to the community of Australia or result in the use of any community/scarce medical services.
- Your visa will be valid for either 1 or 2 years if you are applying under the Short-term stream unless an International Trade Obligation applies.
- Your visa will be valid for 1, 2, 3 or 4 years if applying under the Medium-term.
- You can work for the nominating employer only and in the occupation where they were sponsored.
- You must hold the registration, professional membership, or licensing if it's required in the work.
- You must commence your work within 90 days of the visa grant or arrival in Australia; and
- Your visa will be cancelled if you cease your work for more than 60 days.
The fee of your application depends on the stream you will be applying for:
- Short-Term Stream: $1,175
- Medium-Term Stream: $2,455
- Labour Agreement Stream: $2,455
A Training Levy will be applied to the TSS nominations as per government for which dates of effect has not been mentioned yet. It will require the following contributions:
- Large Organizations with more than $10 million turnovers: $1,800 per year validity of your visa.
- Small Organizations: $1,200 per year.
If you are looking for an employer-sponsored visa option, contact or mail us at email@example.com