Australian Migration gets an update on a regular basis. A number of changes in 2018 Australian Immigration Visa rules are expected to happen. So let’s begin with what has been confirmed and what needs to be confirmed by the Government of Australia.
New Temporary Sponsored Parent Visa
Australian Government announced the new temporary sponsored parent Visa last year on Friday 5th may, 2017 during the migration program year 2017-2018 for Australian parents. But Senate needs to improve the bill enabling it.
According to the update, the visa holders can stay up to 10 years, but won’t be able to apply again beyond that time and won’t have any pathway to Permanent Residency.
Now about the costs, the 10-year visa would cost $20,000, the 5-year visa would cost $10,000, and 3-year visa would cost $5000.
You are eligible for applying for the temporary sponsored parent visa under the following conditions:
- You should have a sponsor.
- You should meet character and health requirements.
- You should meet the fund required for family test criteria.
- Your child has been living in Australia lawfully for at least 2 years before you apply for visa application.
- You should have a child who owns Australian citizenship, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand Citizenship.
Pathways to PR for Existing 457 Visa Holders
Starting from March 2018, existing 457 visa holders before April changes can still get access to the employer-sponsored pathway to Permanent Residency, as confirmed by the Department of Home Affairs.
The primary criteria for an ENS or RSMS visa grant under transition program are:
- 2 years with the same employer on 457 visa
- Component English
Not clear? It means that the people who will not be able to get their skills assessed by the relevant skills assessment authority are not able to apply for a direct entry stream of ENS Visa.
Financial Requirements for Foreign Students
As per the rules quotes since February 2018, make sure to have enough fund in your bank account if you are planning to study in Australia. The fund should be enough to pay course fees, taking care of family members, living costs, and any other activities while their stay in Australia. Following are the fund needs to incorporate living cost adjustment:
- Main Student or Guardian: $20,290 (up from $19,830)
- Partner or Spouse: $7,100 (up from $6,940)
- Per Child: $3,040 (up from $2,970)
Change in Australia Immigration Occupation List
Starting from January 2018, some changes are done in the “Short-term Skilled Occupation List” known as, STSOL, and the “Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List” known as, MLTSSL. Look below for the changes in occupation list:
Newly added Occupations to STSOL
- Property Manager: ANZCO code 612112
- Psychotherapist: ANZCO code 272314
- Real estate representative: ANZCO code 612115
Occupations moved from STSOL to MLTSSL
- Horse breeder: ANZCO code 121316
- Management consultant: ANZCO code 224711
Occupations removed from the Lists
- Building associate: ANZCO code 312112
- Hair or beauty salon manager: ANZCO code 142114
Updated Partner Visa
Bill named as Migration Amendment Bill 2016 for Family Violence and Other Measures, is still pending for Senate’s approval. The 2018 change of Partner Visa now requires not only applicants but also sponsor.
It can delay lodging a valid application because of overcoming the threshold of getting a sponsor.
If you think the news changes in Australian immigration visas rules can affect you, then contact us today. Let us assess you with correct advice.
You can check whether you are eligible or not to move to Australia through Australia Immigration Eligibility Checker.
If you want to immigrate to Australia, then contact a reputed Immigration consultancy like Akkam Overseas recognized by Australian Immigration Council. We are ranked among the top 10 best Australian Immigration Consultants in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Chandigarh with a high success rate of close to 100%.