450 immigration candidates got invited by Manitoba to apply for Canadian permanent residence in an Expression of Interest (EOI) draw conducted on June 20th. The invitations which are also known as Letters of Advice to Apply were received by candidates in the streams mentioned below
- International Education streams
- Skilled Workers in Manitoba and
- Skilled Workers Overseas
These streams belong to the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program, which lets the province to nominate eligible candidates with skills needed by local employers and establish themselves economically.
No. of LAAs issued on the June 20th
|1.||Skilled Workers Overseas||
|2.||International Education Stream||
|3.||Skilled Workers in Manitoba||
|4.||Skilled worker candidates in 2019||
Total of 133 LAAs were received bythe candidates in the federal Express Entry system with a job seeker validation code & experience in an occupation of In-Demand Occupations List of Manitoba.
Express Entry candidates who get a provincial nomination received an extra 600 points for Comprehensive Ranking System score.
Criteria for Skilled Workers Overseas who got an LAA on June 20th
- Got a close relative living in Manitoba, previous education or work experience in Manitoba
- Minimum of 6 months of recent experience in an occupation mentioned on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list
- Basic language proficiency of CLB/NCLC 5 and work experience is mostly in a regulated occupation (at least CLB/NCLC 7) or a mandatory trade (CLB/NCLC 6).
35 Skilled Workers Overseas LAAs were received by candidates invited through one of the Manitoba provincial nomination program’s Strategic Recruitment Initiatives.
Requirements for candidates to be considered for a Manitoba provincial nomination
Complete Expression of Interest (EOI)
Provide information about
- Work experience
- Proficiency in English or French
- Connections to Manitoba
- Details about score awarded
Get high score through regular draw
The minimum score needed for an LAA in the June 20 EOI draw was:
Skilled Workers in Manitoba
Skilled Workers Overseas
Strategic Recruitment Initiative candidates