As of April 29, Alberta has put in place special coronavirus measures while carrying out operations.
Applications for immigration to Alberta will continue to be accepted and processed, but the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) has introduced new temporary measures in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
The AINP will now accept copies for all required documents, including copies of signatures on forms. The authenticity of signatures and other documents may need to be confirmed with a phone call or email.
Applicants may be permitted to submit an incomplete application if they meet the following requirements:
- Applied after April 29;
- Meet all selection criteria for their AINP stream;
- Include a written explanation as to why their application is incomplete;
- Provide evidence that they have requested the document, or that the issuing party is not operational due to the coronavirus;
- If applying for the Alberta Opportunity Stream, they include language test results, or proof that they have registered for a language test on or before October 29, 2020; and
- If applying for the Alberta Express Entry Stream, they include valid language results and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).