The Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 is a work visa for international students who have completed their 2-years study in Australia. This visa can last either for 18 months or 4 years depending on the situation.
Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 is a good option for the international students who need a chance to improve and become eligible for Australian Permanent Residency or Provisional Skilled Visa.
Below are the eligibility streams of Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485:
- Post Study Work Visa (PSWV): This stream was introduced in 2013 March for the international students who were applying for their first student visa after 5th November 2011.
- The Graduate Work Stream: The criteria are similar to the Graduate Skilled Visa Subclass 485 as it was prior to 2013 March.
The candidates interested to apply for the Graduate Skilled Visa Subclass 485:
- Must be under 50 years of age at the time of lodgment of application.
- Must have English Language ability. They should provide their evidence of threshold English.
- No English Test required if you are holding a passport from USA, Ireland, UK, NZ, or Canada) at the date of application lodgment.
- Or must complete one of the English Language Test like IELTS, PTE Academic, OET, TOEFL iBT or CAE Advanced.
- Must have completed 2-years of study in Australia and must have completed the qualifications (diploma, trade certification, bachelor degree, graduate diploma, masters or Ph.D.) within 6 months of applying for the visa.
Note: The Graduate Skilled Visa Subclass 485 is not points-tested.
You can be either in Australia at the time of application of Graduate Skilled Visa Subclass 485. Moreover, you must have held an eligible student visa with 6 months prior to your lodgment.
You can include the below family members in your application:
- Your spouse, de facto partner, and semi-sex partner.
- Your dependent children.
If you are already holding Visa Subclass 485, then you can apply for including your eligible family members on 485 visas.
- The duration of this visa depends on some circumstances.
- The Graduate Work Stream is valid for 18 months from the grant date of the visa application.
- The validity period of Post Study Work Visa (PSWV) depends on the qualification that you completed in Australia like:
- 2 Years: Completion of Bachelor Degree, Bachelor with Honours, Masters as per Coursework or Masters (Extended)
- 3 Years: Masters by Research
- 4 Years: Doctorate
- Unlimited work right conditions in Australia.
- The applicant must maintain private health insurance while under the Skilled Graduate Visa.
Book a visa consultant with us if you need assistance for your Skilled Independent Visa application to make your visa process quick and easy.